Telephone : 01763 245484
hidden beneath the pavement, this circular, bell-shaped cave was cut into the 60 m (197ft) layer of chalk which underlies the town. Legend suggests that in the 13th century it was used as a secret meeting place by the Knights Templar.
Medieval carving depicting pagan images and several Christian saints. The cave was rediscovered in 1742 by workmen. Liable to folooding so closes if this happens.