Stoke Park Pavilions
Post Code : NN12 7RZ
Telephone : 01604 862172
Built by Sir Francis Crane, this was one the first Palladian country houses in England. The two surviving pavilions and colonnade, dated 1630, are attributed to Inigo Jones.
In 1886 the central block, which joined the two pavilions, was destroyed by fire. The 3 acre garden has a terraced lawn with herbaceous borders, herb garden fountain and a pool and fountains and overlooks the park, now returned to farmland.