Beautiful church next to Linlithgow Palace.
On the site on ancient churches, the surviving building largely dates from the 15th and 16th centuries - built with donations from the Stewart Kings. This beautiful Medieval church has fantastic stonework and carving. However, it has had a very turbulent history, rebuilt many times, and was where Mary, Queen of Scots was baptised in 1542. The army of Oliver Cromwell used it for stabling in the 16th century. In the 1960s a new aluminium crown was added to the top of the tower to replace the stone crown that had to be removed a hundred years before.