Neath Port Talbot
Post Code : SA10 7DW
Telephone : 01443 336000
Beautiful ruins of a once magnificent monastery.
This extensive site shows how large and prosperous this medieval Abbey once was. Founded in around 1130, building continued in the 13th and 14th century, with some splendid stonework still in evidence. It was dissolved in the 16th century and parts were remodelled as a fine mansion. Later, the buildings were even used for copper smelting during the industrial revolution and an ironworks was located nearby. Now peaceful, the ruins are a scenic spot alongside the Tennant Canal.