Buckingham's Hotel Availability Search
When would you like to stay ? Check our Prices.
Enter the dates of your stay for Buckingham's Hotel Room Availability, Special Offers, and Room Details.
This award-winning hotel and restaurant offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and luxury en suite rooms, close to the centre of Chesterfield, the eastern edge of the Peak District and the M1 motorway.
The Buckingham family are well known for their warm and friendly boutique hotel and the superb Restaurant with One Table and the Clowns Conservatory.
The restaurant is unusual in that there are no menus, which means meals are prepared to your personal requirements with the emphasis on quality and freshness. At this cosy restaurant, there is no compromise on quality, ingredients or taste, and excellence comes as standard.
Amongst its many accolades, the hotel has gained an award for Best Breakfast of the Year and Best Restaurant of the Year from the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards.
In Newbold, a residential area of Chesterfield, this attractive and comfortable hotel consists of a pair of Victorian semi-detached houses that have been sympathetically converted.
Internet Facilities: WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Parking: Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Hotel Facilities & Services
General:Gay friendly - Safety deposit box - Facilities for disabled guests - Garden - Air conditioning - Pets allowed - Luggage storage - Express check-in/check-out - Non-smoking rooms - Newspapers - Non-smoking throughout - Restaurant - Heating - Free parking - Terrace - Designated smoking area - Bar -
Activities:Golf course (within 3 km) -
Services:Ironing service - Laundry - Free WiFi - Room service - Car hire - Internet services - Breakfast in the room - Business centre - WiFi - Packed lunches - Bridal suite - Dry cleaning - Meeting/banquet facilities - Fax/photocopying - Shoeshine -
Room Facilities ( may vary by room type )
Room Amenities:Carpeted Floor - Desk - Fan - Heating - Iron - Ironing Facilities - Seating Area - Trouser Press -
Bathroom:Bath - Bathrobe - Bathroom - Free toiletries - Hairdryer - Shower - Toilet -
Media/Technology:CD Player - Fax - Radio - Telephone - TV -
Food and Drink:Electric Kettle - Tea/Coffee Maker -
Services/Extras:Alarm Clock - Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock -
Dining & Bar
There is a choice of 4 menu levels: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. The levels reflect the variation of the ingredients and occasionally the degree of technical expertise. A meal will be created that is unique to you and your guests. The best meals are the ones that are created on the night, making the most of the market produce available that day.
Your meal can also be enjoyed in the Clowns Conservatory Restaurant.
Due to its popularity, it is essential to pre-book a table at the restaurant before arrival. If you would like to make a dinner reservation, please inform the hotel in advance, either by using the comments field when making your reservation or by contacting the hotel directly, using the contact details supplied on your confirmation email.
Buckingham's Hotel Room Information
The homely hotel rooms are full of those little personal touches that you would expect. All 10 rooms are well appointed and cater for guests travelling either on business or for pleasure.
The focus is on increasing the space and quality of the rooms, and so in addition to the facilities already listed you will find hot drinks facilities, teddy bears, complimentary water and mints, handmade furniture and a stationery set.
Getting To The Buckingham's Hotel
From junction 29 of the M1:
- Take the 2nd exit at the roundabout onto the A617 to Chesterfield.
- At next roundabout take the 2nd exit and go 400 yards to another roundabout (Homebase) and take the 2nd exit (Kiwk Fit).
- Follow the road to the
town centre (roundabout with car park in centre).
- At the traffic lights (Eyres) get into the right-hand lane and follow the road round.
- At the next traffic lights move to the left-hand lane (by the multi-storey car park) and follow the road round to the mini roundabout (Jet station).
- Take the 1st exit, signposted Barlow (B6051).
- Buckinghams is 800 yards along this road on your right, just after the zebra crossing.
- Follow the A619 to Chesterfield until you come to a roundabout (B&Q on your right).
- Take the 1st exit (Foljambe Road) and follow the road until you come to traffic lights.
- At the traffic lights go straight ahead (passing the side entrance of Chesterfield Football Ground).
- Follow the road to a T-junction (one way street).
- At the T-junction move into your right-hand lane, turn right and immediately move into the left-hand lane (Cross Street).
- Follow the road, turning into Queens Street (3rd road on your left).
- At the end of Queens Street turn left - Buckinghams is 10 metres further along the road.
- Follow the A61 to Chesterfield.
- At the roundabout (J E James and Little Chef) take the 4th exit (B6057).
- Follow the road straight on until you reach a roundabout (Donkey Derby).
- Take the 2nd exit and go straight ahead over a mini roundabout.
- At the next mini roundabout (Jet Station) take your 2nd exit, signposted Barlow (B6051). - Buckinghams is 800 yards along this road on your right, just after the zebra crossing.
Directions and maps can be sent by email - please email the hotel if you require this.
The hotel is fifteen minutes from England's 4th largest city of Sheffield. The M1 is only 5 miles away, and the local bus and train stations are within a few minutes of the door. It is a 5-minute walk to Chesterfield, where you can see the Crooked Spire of its parish church and visit one of the largest open-air markets in the country.
Please note that the hotel closes at 02:00 and the front doors will be locked.
These are general hotel policies. As they may vary per room type; please also check the room description when checking availability.
If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Children and Extra Bed Policy:
All children are welcome. All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 10 per person per night for children''s cots/cribs.
All older children or adults are charged GBP 25 per person per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
The maximum number of children''s cots/cribs in a room is 2.
Full English breakfast is included in the room rate.
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
No deposit will be charged.
The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
VAT and city/tourist taxes:
20 % VAT is included. A city tax is not applicable A service charge is not applicable