Chicheley Hall was built between 1719-1723 for the Chester family.
It was constructed of warm red brick with contrasting pale coloured stone pillars, windows and doors.
The house passed through many hands, being used at one time by the military.
On another occasion it housed a school. In 1952 the property was purchased by the 2nd Earl Beatty who restored the house as a comfortable home. His father, the 1st Earl, was a famous naval commander, later First Sea Lord and is best known for his part in the Battle of Jutland in 1916. Lord Beatty's study displays his naval collection including paintings, photographs and copies of his numerous decorations. Other rooms on view are the elegant entrance hall, the drawing room with rich oak panelling and the library. The Jacobean Room has a display of fragments of the original 16th century house that stood on the site.
Chicheley Hall, one of the finest 18th century houses in England, is still in the hands of the Beatty family.