Newhouse is a brick Jacobean 'Trinity' house built in 1609. It was designed in a Y-shape to represent the three arms of the Trinity and is one of only two 'Trinity' houses in Britain.
Since 1633 it has been the home of the Eyre family.
The interior of the house is mainly Georgian and there some fine pieces of furniture.
The library has books dating back to 1576. In the dining room a series of old photographs show the changes that have take place at Newhouse. The house also has a small collection of costumes.
The parlour is dominated by the unusual Hare painting which dates from 1640. This depicts hares taking their revenge on the huntsmen.
A daughter of the family was related by marriage to Admiral Nelson and his daughter, by Emma Hamilton, was brought up at Newhouse.
Her cot is displayed in one of the bedrooms and documents and memento's of Nelson can be seen on the dining room table. The 1805 Dinner is held annually at Newhouse to commemorate Nelson.
In 1986 when George and June Jeffreys inherited Newhouse it was almost derelict and close to being condemned.
However, since then they have restored the house and gardens to make a comfortable family home.