The pretty harbour village of
St Aubin is set at western end of the spectacular crescent
shaped, St Aubin's Bay.
Across the bay stands St
Helier, the island's capital.
St Aubin has its own navigable
harbour built in 1675. This provided safe anchorage
for the island until the harbour at St Helier was completed
A thriving mercantile community
grew up at St Aubin and some of the old merchant's houses
can still be seen here, particularly behind the Bulwarks behind
the inner harbour.
St Aubin's Fort, one of the features
of the town, can be reached on foot at low tide.